Members of the Subscription Pages presently have access to the following downloadable areas of information and related documents and forms:
- Malpractice prevention self-audit forms to help you evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your law practice management systems.
- Articles written by Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP attorneys discussing dozens of topics related to legal malpractice, ethics, law office management and insurance.
- Model letters to clients, non-clients and adversaries, including engagement agreements, non-engagement and disengagement letters, critical to documenting your relationship with your client or declined client.
- Checklists to assist you in screening new clients, opening new files, screening new employees from cases involving possible conflicts, and determining whether to sue a client for fees.
- Summaries of recent decisions concerning lawyers' professional liability, legal malpractice and ethics.
- Considerations for adopting law firm policies on such issues as investments in client corporations, records retention and disaster planning.
- Ethical rules and statutes related to lawyers' responsibilities and liabilities to clients and others.
The subscription pages are regularly updated and expanded to include new articles, judicial decisions, additional forms, checklists, and model policies and procedures.